Bases of the Participatory Concert with works by G. Fauré
G. Fauré's Requiem, Madrigal and Cantique of Jean Racine
Pablo Larraz, director of the Orfeó Català, invites singers interested in getting to know and singing with the Orfeó, to participate in an activity open to singers in general.
Together with the Orfeó Català and the Cor Jove de l'Orfeó Català, they will prepare and perform in concert the G. Fauré's Requiem, Madrigal and Cantique of Jean Racine, with Juan de la Rubia on the organ and the soloists Elionor Martínez and Josep-Ramon Olivé.
The concert will take place on Sunday, June 18, 2023, at 5:00 p.m., in the Concert Hall of the Palau de la Música Catalana. Tickets to attend this event as a public will go on sale from May 15, 2023.
- Saturday, June 17, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. –choir and piano– (Concert Hall and Petit Palau)
- Sunday, June 18, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. –general rehearsal– (Concert Hall)
Conditions of participation
The activity is aimed at singers of legal age with musical knowledge, although it is not necessary to have already sung the works programmed in this concert. Places are limited, prior registration is required through a form.
The registration period will close on May 2, 2023. The place will be reserved after confirming the registration payment (which must be made before May 2).
• The singers who have the 3 scores must pay €15.
• The singers who need 1 score must pay €25.
• Singers who need 2 scores must pay €35.
• Singers who need 3 scores must pay €40.
These amounts include the cost of the organist and soloists, rehearsals, sheet music if you do not have them, and the concert ticket that each singer must have to access the Palau de la Música Catalana. The corresponding payment must be made when formalizing the registration.
All scores must be original and from the publisher indicated. No singer who presents photocopies or scores from another publisher will be allowed to participate.
- Messe de Requiem, op. 48 N 97b. Ed. Baerenreiter, Vocal Score Urtext Edition BA09461-90
- Cantique de Jean Racine, op. 11. Edited by John Rutter, Oxford University Press, SATB Vocal Score
- Madrigal, op. 35. Alphonse Leduc Éditions Musicales ALHA09110
Special prices for former singers who are members of the Orfeó Català
- Members/former singers who need 1 sheet music must pay €10.
- Members/former singers who need 2 scores must pay €20.
- Members/former singers who need 3 scores must pay €25.
- The singers who have the 3 scores will not have to pay any amount.